The King Family Cookbook:
275 New & Retro Recipes from America’s First Family of Song!
(by King Cousins Xan Conkling Albright & Tina Cole)
The King Family Cookbook is a fun filled celebration of the kind of retro recipes and comfort food we all grew up on – truly food “Fit for a King.”
Compiled by King Cousins Xan Albright and Tina Cole (star of TV’s My Three Sons) with Xan’s daughter Erin Albright Arnett, The King Family Cookbook features 275 mouthwatering family classics…from Tina’s Shepherd’s Pie and Sinfully Delicious “Fagaga” Hot Fudge to Xan’s Pumpkin Chiffon Pie…and gourmet fare such as Alvino Rey’s prizewinning Greek Leg of Lamb.
With contributions from The King Sisters, Alvino Rey, The King Cousins and The King Kids, this easy to use collection of recipes features Main Dishes, Soups, Salads & Dressings, Brunches & Vegetables, mouthwatering Desserts, Breads plus a “Celebrate with the King Family” section containing the King’s own recipes for the holidays including an Easter Celebration, a Mother’s Day Breakfast, a Fourth of July Picnic, plus traditional Thanksgiving and Christmas favorites.
America’s First Family of Song is Back
with an All-New Christmas Special!
A SINGING, SWINGING RETRO HOLIDAY DELIGHT!
OUT OF PRINT
Catapulting to fame as one of the most popular television, recording and concert acts of the era, the Kings hosted 17 television specials and 2 network television series delighting generations of fans.
Starring Grammy® nominated, Big Band era greats The King Sisters; guitar virtuoso Alvino Rey; film favorite Robert Clarke; the swinging King Cousins featuring ’60s sweetheart and My Three Sons star Tina Cole, the King Kiddies and all the aunts, uncles, brothers and sisters that go to make up “America’s First Family of Song.”
In celebration of the 45th anniversary of their television debut, join the King Family as they take a heartwarming look back at their classic Christmas specials in this all-new holiday TV event. In clips unseen for nearly three decades The Kings perform a cavalcade of classic showstoppers, while sharing personal, behind-the-scenes memories in contemporary interviews featuring King Sisters - Yvonne King and Marilyn King, Tina Cole and King Cousins - Cathy, Candy, Ric, Jamie & Xan along with Cam Clarke (anime star and voice of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ “Leonardo”) and King KidsLaurette and Susannah.
Gather your family for heartwarming performances of such beloved classics as “I’ll be Home for Christmas,” “White Christmas,” “Santa Claus is Coming to Town,” “My Favorite Things,” “Caroling, Caroling,” “The Christmas Waltz,” “The First Noel,” a swinging bossa-nova “Twas the Night Before Christmas” and many more! Share the joy of the holiday season with the inimitable King Family!
| Christmas with The King Family
Soundtrack highlights from the public television special.
Lavishly illustrated CD booklet and Liner Notes!
First ever CD release of the King Family’s original 1965 holiday album Christmas with the King Family enhanced with 11 never before released bonus tracks as performed on the new public television special.
24 tracks (13 from original 1965 LP release plus 11 bonus tracks from the King Family specials.) Songs include the King Sisters heartfelt rendition of “White Christmas”, The King Cousins swinging bossa-nova take on “Twas the Night Before Christmas” and “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” plus “The First Noel”, “Jingle Bells”, “We Wish You A Merry Christmas”, “Silent Night”, “Caroling Caroling” and many more!
1. Caroling, Caroling/ Come Dear Children - The King Family
2. White Christmas - The King Sisters
3. Go Tell it On The Mountain - The King Cousins
4. Medley - The King Mothers & Daughters
Hark the Heralds Angels Sing
O Come All Ye Faithful
It Came Upon a Midnight Clear (Solo by Alyce King)
Joy to the World
5. The Holiday of Love - The King Fathers & Sons
6. Silent Night - The King Family (Solo by Alyce King)
7. Hear the Sledges with the Bells - The King Family
8. The Little Drummer Boy - The King Sisters
9. The Star Carol/ O Little Town of Bethlehem - The King Family (Solo by Alyce King)
10. What Child is This? - The King Cousins
11. Some Children See Him - The King Family
12. Jolly Old St. Nicholas/ Jingle Bells - The King Kids
13. Medley - The King Family
The First Noel
Auld Lang Syne
We Wish You A Merry Christmas
(From “Christmas with The King Family” 1967)
14. Sleigh Ride (Instrumental) - Lex de Azevedo
15. The Holiday of Love - The King Sisters (Solo by Alyce King)
16. 'Twas the Night Before Christmas/ Santa Claus is Coming to Town - The King Cousins
17. The Christmas Song/ The Christmas Waltz - The King Mothers & Daughters
(From “Home for Christmas with The King Family” 1974)
18. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Marilyn King
19. Medley - Alyce King & Sons - Lex de Azevedo (Piano), Ric de Azevedo & Cam Clarke (Vocals)
Do You Hear What I Hear
Carol of the Bells
We’ll Dress the House
20. Some Children See Him - The Four King Cousins (Solo by Tina Cole)
21. A Soalin’/ God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - The King Cousins (Solo by Cathy Green)
(From “The King Family Christmas Show” 1965)
22. Sleigh Ride - The King Family
23. Children Go Where I Send Thee - The King Cousins
ADDITIONAL BONUS TRACK
24. Medley – The King Sisters & The Four King CousinsDo You Hear What I Hear
| The King Family Show! / The King Family Album
Two-Full Length Albums on One CD
28 Tracks including two bonus songs!
Lavishly illustrated CD booklet and Liner Notes!
First ever CD release of the King Family’s first 1965 studio albums The King Family Show! and The King Family Album enhanced with two additional bonus songs --The King Cousins rare single recordings “Just One Smile” & “Today I’m in Love!”
Filled with a mix of show-stopping Broadway tunes The King Family Show! includes "Make Someone Happy," featuring the King Sisters soaring multi-layered vocals; "Sunrise Sunset," "My Favorite Things," and "Climb Ev'ry Mountain;" classic standards like Hoagy Carmichael’s "Stardust" and "I Don’t Know Why," an updated version of King Sister Yvonne King’s 1940’s hit featuring Alvino Rey.
The King Family Album, the Family’s second recording effort, opens with a rafter-raising "He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands. " Its gospel-flavored treatment carries over into two additional Family tracks, "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot," and "When the Saints Come Marching In." Patriotic favorites are showcased in rousing fashion with "America the Beautiful" and the "Battle Hymn of the Republic."
THE KING FAMILY SHOW!
1. Pass Me By – The King Family
2. Climb Ev’ry Mountain - Alyce King
3. Line the Track – The King Cousins
4. My Favorite Things – Marilyn King
5. Stardust – Alvino Rey
6. Irving Berlin Medley – King Mothers & Daughters
7. Make Someone Happy – The King Sisters
8. Sunrise, Sunset – The King Family
9. I Used to Love You – The King Sisters
10. I Don’t Know Why – Yvonne King & Alvino Rey
11. When Are You Going to Learn – The King Cousins
12. The Square – Robert Clarke
13. Amen – The King Family
14. (When There’s) Love at Home – The King Family
15. Today I’m in Love – The King Cousins (solo by Cathy Green)
16. Just One Smile – The King Cousins (solo by Ric de Azevedo)
THE KING FAMILY ALBUM
17. He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands – The King Family
18. Shenandoah – The King Cousins
19. You’ll Never Walk Alone – Alyce King
20. Every Man Has a Castle – King Fathers & Sons
21. Open Up Your Heart – The King Sisters
22. Battle Hymn of the Republic – The King Family
23. America the Beautiful – King Mothers & Daughters
24. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot – The King Family
25. Bluebird of Happiness – Alvino Rey (narration by Bob Clarke)
26. Very Last Day – The King Cousins
27. God Bless the Child – The King Sisters
28. When the Saints Come Marching In – The King Family
Lavishly illustrated CD booklet and Liner Notes!
First time on CD, The King Family
Live! In the Round, is a lively “greatest hits” version of a typical 2½
hour entertainment-packed King Family performance including snippets of onstage
banter amidst some first-rate musical moments featuring the King Sisters,
Alvino Rey, the King Cousins and film favorite Robert Clarke.
The King Family Live! includes the Sisters’ take on Lennon/McCartney’s “Yesterday,” former Stan Kenton trombonist Kent Larsen’s sizzling “Lassus Trombone,” The King Cousins lively “The Telephone Hour” from Bye Bye Birdie plus “The Men in My Little Girls Life,” “You Are My Sunshine,” “Red River Valley,” “Everything’s Coming Up Roses,” “What the World Needs Now,” “On A Clear Day” and “Why Did I Choose You.”
The New Sounds of the Fabulous King Sisters, features the Sisters’ take on many of the top hits of the 1960’s including “Goin’ Out of My Head,” “Call Me” and “The Shadow of Your Smile,” featuring some stand out solo work from Marilyn King; the jazz influenced “Bluesette” and quite possibly the definitive version of the Bobby Troupe/Neil Hefti opus “Girl Talk.” Along with supremely sophisticated renditions of “I Get the Blues When It Rains,” “Sweet Georgia Brown,” “Don’t Go to Strangers,” “Nature Boy” and more.
THE KING FAMILY LIVE! IN THE ROUND
1. Hey Look Me Over - The King Family
2. Red River Valley/You Are My Sunshine - The King Cousins
3. The Men in My Little Girl's Life - Bob Clarke & The King Kids
4. Guadalajara - Alvino Rey
5. Baby Sitter's Blues - Alvino Rey
6. Bill Bailey - The King Family
7. The Telephone Hour - The King Cousins
8. Yesterday - The King Sisters
9. Lassus Trombone - The King Sisters
10. I Said No! - Yvonne King
11. Why Did I Choose You - Alyce King
12. Everything's Coming Up Roses - Marilyn King
13. On a Clear Day - King Mothers & Daughters
14. What the World Needs Now - The King Family
THE NEW SOUNDS OF THE FABULOUS KING SISTERS
15. Girl Talk
16. The Shadow of Your Smile
17. Goin' Out of My Head
18. Nature Boy
19. Call Me
20. I'm Old Fashioned
22. Sweet Georgia Brown
23. I Get the Blues When it Rains
24. Who Would Remember
26. Don't Go to Strangers
A child says, "I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand." 10-Minute Life Lessons for Kids is a book about seeing and doing--a
book that gives parents the ability to teach the powerful principles of
honesty, trust, generosity, love, and other values. Children will
discover the objectives themselves as they actively participate in fun
games and activities.
The games can be done in any order, with very little planning and with very few supplies--just common objects most people have around the house like toothpicks, string, pennies, or an apple. Some can be done while riding in the car, and others can be expanded to fill a whole evening with family fun. The activities in 10-Minute Life Lessons for Kids will not only create cozy and enjoyable moments of family togetherness, they will have a lasting impact on your growing child.